Marketing experts predict some global packaging trends that are going to prominent in the industry in 2017.
• Simple, bold and clear: going back to fundamentals is a trend that never dies. This year the version of simple, bold and clear is going to be more expressive and more persuasive to the customers. Using minimum elements in the package design can promote the product in a very decent way. In today’s fast moving world consumers have not much time to read each and every detail given on the box? So just stick to the essential information and help the purchaser to make the right decision. A clear, clean design can convey the information and make the product shine using simplicity.
• Custom lettering: every designer loves mind grinding and to get crafty to generate some of the best work by hand. They do this practice to get the original effects in the designs. Irregular line and natural texture files can make a product stand out in comparison to the digital designs and patterns. This natural look can create a feeling of warmth to the product making it feel complete, wholesome. So in 2017, we are going to witness a comeback of custom hand lettering as a packaging trend.
• Play with colors: generally colors do stimulate emotions and affect the purchasing decisions. For this reason, choosing colors has always been one of the major decisions in packaging design. Bright and vibrant colors are going to make colorful scenes on the store shelves in 2017. We have seen that different colors are used to differentiate varieties of a product. A consumer might not remember the name or number of their favorite product, but they surely are able to recall the packaging color. All this involved a color psychology and if used properly words might not be needed in 2017.
• Using illustrations as narrative: behind every packaging design, there is a story. Customers seek out and cherish the stories which they feel close to their hearts. Using an illustration technique in packaging design can be very helpful in telling your brand story. This style can take the customer into the fantasy world. The illustration is gaining its place in industry, and in coming years are the years of carefully crafted, content rich illustrations.
• Go Vintage: packaging designs are getting popular every year through the use of new technologies and materials. Vintage designs bring back the memories of people who actually lived through that time. The success key in going vintage is to find the balance, evoke nostalgia and maintain a sharp modern look at the same time.
• Ingenious die-cuts: most traditional box designs conceal its contents, but contemporary designers are conducting experiments with die-cutting by showing the product and to use it to their advantage. If the packaging can show the product in the most meaning full and clever manner that means there are more chances that buyer would stop and take a notice of the product.